The thing we need to know while writing an essay on PTE.
- For this item type, you will need to write a 200-300 word long essay in response to a given prompt.
- You will have 20 minutes to finish your task.
- Each prompt carries 15 points.
- Your response is scored on this basis of seven different traits, each representing a separate aspect of essay quality.
- You can get 1-2 essays in your exam.
- 3 point- The essay adequately deals with the prompt.
- 2 point- The essay deals with the prompt but omits to deal with one minor aspect.
- 1- point The essay deals with the prompt but omits more than one aspect or one major aspect.
- 0- The essay does not properly deal with the prompt.
Note = If you do not address the topic, the response will be scored zero on all traits.
- 2-point length between 200-300 words
- 1- point- length between 120 and 199 or between 301 and 380 words.
- 0- length less than 120 or more than 380 words. The essay contains no punctuation or consists only of bullet points or very short sentences.
- 2point- The essay shows consistent grammatical control of complex languages.
- 1point- The essay shows a relatively high degree of grammatical control, there are no mistakes that could lead to misunderstanding.
- 0- The essay contains mainly simple structures and/or several basic mistakes.
- 2point- correct spelling, there may be one typing error.
- 1-point-contains one spelling error and/or more than one typing error.
- 0 more than 1 spelling error and/or numerous typing errors.
- 2 point- The essay shows a good command of a broad lexical repertoire and a good command of idiomatic expression and colloquialisms.
- 1 point- The essay shows a good range of vocabulary for matters connected to general topics. Evidently, lexical shortcomings lead to circumlocution or some imprecision.
- 0 The essay contains mainly basic vocabulary insufficient to deal with the topic at the required level.
Templet for essay Pte introduction part…
One of the most conspicuous trends of today’s world is a “colossal upsurge” in the number of people who think (topic). It is a widespread worry that the above conception will only lead to a myriad of concerns in one’s life. However, I do not entirely accept this and I will explain why in this essay.